Students working in the studio, Fall 2014
Monday, March 9, 2015
Art on the Farm - May 27-29, 2015 - June 18-20, 2015 - Updated with a 2nd session!
"Art on the Farm -- New Ways with Construction, Texture and Color" is the foundation 3-day polymer clay retreat I hold at my workshop in Vermont. Here’s the link to my website with more information on the teaching method itself, with the details and costs of the workshop on this page.Why this workshop is for you:
· You’re excited by the idea of texture and surface color on polymer but don’t know where to begin
· You need help developing your own unique style in polymer clay
· You’re currently working in polymer clay but are stuck in a rut
· You’re attracted to the medium of polymer clay but are overwhelmed by the myriad of techniques and styles
· You work in another medium and want to add polymer to your toolbox of techniques
· You’re left unsatisfied with expensive online tutorials that teach just one technique without any guidance in 'making it your own'
What I offer at Art on the Farm:
· Small class size (capped at 8) and unlimited individual attention
· A unique method of surface coloring and texturing for polymer clay developed by me and not taught anywhere else
· Access to an extensive collection of coloring materials, including Pan Pastels, oil paints, crayons, pencils, acrylics and inks
· Intensively-researched support materials on coloring agents, surfaces and finishes
· No expensive kits to buy or added-on costs
· ‘Lifetime Learning’— the opportunity to revisit the foundation workshop for any session in the future at no charge (*pending space available)
· A local support group for Northeast-based students
If any of this sounds like something you’d like to pursue further, please contact me via my website—www.storiestheytell.com – and I’d be glad to answer any questions you have about the course.
And need I add? Vermont is just a green paradise in the Spring so be sure to leave yourself some time to hike, bike, sightsee, antique or kayak in some of the most pristine waters you’ve ever seen. Hope to see you here!